Re: Sniping (was E-bay)

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, laurahoey@myself.com
Subject: Re: Sniping (was E-bay)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:43:34 -0700
Hi Laura,

I too have been the victim of sniping but unlike a recent post I'm not
going to cry. Like you say, you post what you're willing to pay, and you up
the ante as you sweat it out to the end. If you really want something you
post a ridiculously high amount and 99% of the time you'll get it. Someone
recently was swearing about someone ripping him off by sniping a bumper
away at the last minute. Ripping him off? I thought you have to own
something before it can get stolen! The guy had a low max and a friend got
the bumper. I agree that sniping keeps prices low; eventually newbies to
eBay figure that out.

I've sold items on eBay, and gotten some nice thank-you's from people who
couldn't find my stuff elsewhere. Especially curious since some of it was
Oldsmobile and Mazda stuff, you'd figure they'd have good sources. eBay was
there to help me unload it, and others needed it.

I'll be selling some roadster parts soon, but I've also given away some
recently to list members. So no one should assume that eBay sellers are
making tons of money; some of us are recouping our losses (sure, nothing
ever breaks on a roadster ;> ).

Fred