Re: E-Bay

To: Thomas Walter <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Subject: Re: E-Bay
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:38:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Thomas Walter <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> I like eBay.
>
> The List is NOT FOR BUYING AND SELLING. Vendors are encouraged
> to post a monthly special to the list, as that will be of
> "general interest to all".
>
> If you do have something for sale, please observe the
> "no more than once per month listing". Everyone is really
> good about that.

  Tom, being relativly new to the list (6 mo appx) I have never been

sure of the ethics of the group. I always stayed away from using the

 list as a sales tool until I started to see others post items for
sale,

including

vendors. I have made some offers to sell stuff, but have never sold

anything on the list.

If what you say is in fact list policy, I stand corrected, and yes,

E-Bay does have it's place and I publicly retract my previous post.

I still however do not like the concept of bidding.

Roman Rist