Re: Dist cap and rotor question

To: datsun316@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dist cap and rotor question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:07:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/00 11:58:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!, datsun316@yahoo.com
writes:

<< I was looking over my rotor this afternoon and it
 appeared to be a bit burned at the tip and felt rough.
 The contacts on the distributor were also a bit rough. >>

Yes, this is normal wear.  Cleaning up the contacts with a file or a light
touch from the Dremel Moto Tool will clean it up alittle but it isnt really
recommended as these parts are inexpensive enough and readily available at
our friendly suppliers.

Just check them at about 4k miles or so.  I think they are replaced every 8
to 10k.

Since you are running with Pertronics you dont need a Dwell meter.  But if
you are running with points then you may want to purchase one and learn to
use it.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex