Tigers rootes and Bs

To: nruff <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Subject: Tigers rootes and Bs
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:03:14 -0500
>Range Rover??  Just pick up an old 289 or 302 Ford motor - ALL tigers came
>with a small block Ford (2 barrel motor).  As an interesting aside, the last
>year or two had chrysler alternators as mopar had bought the Rootes group...
>
>Also, with the rover you only get a bit over 200 cubes, and we all know that
>there is no replacement for displacement!! ;->
>Sid
I remember!! I was thinking of the MGBGTV8!  not the tiger  A friend had
one of these, and it didn't seem to suffer from the horrible balance of
the Tigers.  I'll take balance over displacement any day, I don't care so
much about straight lines.

Roadster content:
There was a little car show in Boerne last weekend, Amomg categories
were:Corvette, Mustang,T-Bird,Camaro, Mopar, Early custom Chevy
truck,Early custom Ford Truck, Muscle Car, British, and Foreign.  My
Roadster was not in a showable state.  Next year what say we get a few of
those "Foreign" cars in there? Only foreign entries were two VWs.

Marc T.