The Datsun Roadster

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Datsun Roadster
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:47:44 -0500
THE DATSUN ROADSTER

Built in the land of the Rising Sun
1500, 1600, 2000 - and boy do they run

Some say they were built ahead of their time
Many championships right off the production line

We all remember the first drive and that first smile
We still have that Roadster smile - mile after mile

Some don't understand what sets the Roadster apart
To us the Roadster is a true work of art

We could have bought a British sports car
But walking home, even a block, is still too far

Working on our Roadsters is a labor of love
This is what sets our cars one step above

We are lucky to have wonderful vendors
We buy brakes, pistons, and even new fenders

ROC's around the world, we are members
Life long friends are made- great times to remember

Our Roadsters are autocrossed, raced, and driven hard
Everyone has won a race - others better stand guard

They may not be worth much in some people's book
That's OK - they don't get that second look

After a long day at work, we walk in the garage and sigh
God has blessed us with the best sports car under his beautiful blue sky

Phil Hall
SEROC