Re: roadster

To: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: roadster
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:20:49 -0500
List,
     I was wondering if any of you had any insight on the restorability
of the
Datsun 320 pickup.  A neighbor about a quarter mile away has a '64
(according to him) 320.  I looked at it today, and am not good at
assesing condition in non-runners.  The cab/hood/fenders look decent,
reasonably straight, a little rust, the bed section has a fairly sound
whack in the back.  Engine, he claims is not original, says is not the
1200, but a 1400 he thinks.  It's very dirty and festooned with
mud-dauber nests, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at in some cases.  It
may be "rough" but I think better off than "basket case". He has asked
$500.
     Is this too rare to bother with, or too rare not to bother with? Any
feedback would be most welcome.

Marc T.
Sisterdale TX