Re: JUST SAY NO! to the $25,000 roadster, please!

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: JUST SAY NO! to the $25,000 roadster, please!
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:43:06 -0700
>Paul, Showing his wisdom wrote> Most of what I read on this list is about
the joys of working on our cars. The next biggest collection of stories is
about who chased who up a mountain road and who managed to lose it in a
turn.  Why some of the list even race their roadsters!  And of course there
is the human side of the list also. The accidents, a few divorces, custody
struggles and more than one of us has been out of work for a period of time.
Some complain about these letters but I see it as part of the personality of
these cars.  They are available to the everyday enthusiast not just the rich
and famous.

I hated to snip out any of Paul's post. It was too much from my own heart to
edit.
How much is my roadster worth? You can't afford it Bill Gates! It's Not for
Sale! When I die, I hear by elect Les Cannady to be the executor of my
roadster estate. I will that a single part of my roadster be distributed to
each member of the roadster list to be incorporated into their car. or that
the list elect a young enthusiast, who has proven their love for roadsters,
to receive my car for his/her ownership. (don't hold your breath, I plan on
living!) If the day comes that I do, for some reason, Sell my car, it will
be to one of you, for as little money as reasonable. Until that time, I
intend to Drive, repair, restore, push until it breaks, fix again, Chase or
be chased (by you) up and down many a mountain road and enjoy the down to
earth company and camaraderie of my fellow Datsun Roadster (or 510 or Z or
1200) Kook!

The fact that our cars are worth $20,000 dollars restoring but only $8 ~
$10k selling is why this hobby is more about soul than dollars. Those who
don't  get that soul should by a big Healy.

Yours truly,
Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles