$25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:23:19 -0400
All,

With the discussion on the $25,000 Roadster, I say why not?
All I hear is how you can put 15 thousand in one of these and it is
worth half that.  Maybe that is because when someone ask 25k, 200 people
tell him he is nuts. I say go Brian, it looks like a nicer car for 25
than a rough Healey, or Mustang.  I have seen a nice 1600 for $7,000 and
a nice 2000 for $12,000.

We all do have a pretty good say in what these are worth.  How many of
us get asked that question regularly? Add 10k to your answer next time.
That is why Saturn is the most profitable New car dealership to own.
They tell you the price and that's it.

I have had a few Austin Healey 3000's including a 1960 4 seater, and a
67 with roll up windows.  In the late 80's many Healey groups were
discussing not letting the cars go for cheap. Boy did they jump in
price!

If I buy Michael's for $24,000 will he get another low number solex?
Could he find one?
--
Mark
Baltimore