Re: special eBay roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, robinkrause@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: special eBay roadster
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 00 12:13:26 CDT
http://www.greatwhite.com/~beemer/datsun/roadster.html

Oh my gawd.... I do hope someone rescue's this car from
the seller, and either:
a) restores it correctly
b) buries it
c) puts "MG" badges on it, then returns it to the
   brothel it came from!

Remember the joker who was selling his late grandfathers
car on ebay? I think this is the someone! Fuzzy dash
looks familiar from a photo he sent.

Sigh, it is a L20B (four cylinder) engine installed.
This is the reason for the ugly hood scoop. Thankfully
Stan Chernoff has the correctly fabricated motor mounts
to use to lower it (you'd need to notch the front cross
member to clear the oil pump on the L20B motor. Still
that engine is about 1" taller than a L18.  Heck, just
find a KA24DE motor & transmission to redo it.

Personally that chrome trim and stripes would have to
come off before I would step foot into... even if cruising
around the "Chicken Ranch".

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX