Re: OT HarborTools

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, captainhoek@postmark.net
Subject: Re: OT HarborTools
From: skippers@clipper.net
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:47:24 -0700
By way of strengthening Marks' argument.

        After the ideological falling out between Russia and China that followed
shortly after the ascension of Communist China in 1950, tensions were high
enough between the two countries that incidents of open warfare were
routine along their common borders.
        In the midst of such vehement disagreements, the only common ground that
Mao would promote in relations between the two Red Giants was the
interchange of knowledge and methods that Russia used to run their Gulag
prison system.
        The forced labor of millions of Russian people secretly bouyed the long
dead Communist Economic System and allowed Communism in Russia to survive
for 70 years.
        The Communists in Russia were supported by the purchase of
slave-produced
goods in Russian satellite countries, mainly in Communist Europe.
        The Communists in China are supported by the purchase of goods produced
in
their own Gulag Archipelego by the Free West.

        That's a lot to pay for shoddy goods.

Ken Spurling

At 08:04 AM 4/6/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Steve Harvey wrote:
>>
>> the equipment they sell. Most of it is from Taiwan, so buyer beware.
>
>Actually, most of it is from China (as in Red), which uses slave labor of
political and religious prisoners to produce many of its goods.  Since I'm
a lover of freedom and my fellow man, price or not, I won't participate in
their enslavement by buying such goods.