Re: HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!

To: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:45:54 -0700
At this point Barry's method might be the only alternative.  I know that on
my 68 the clamp that holds the sheath of the hood release cable was loose
and allowed the sheath to mover TOWARD the latch and when you pulled the
hood release cable it would interfere  and keep the latch from opening.

So for future reference:

1. check that clamp (I actually replaced the screw with a large one that
could be tightened more)

2. install an emergency hood release cable , just use some steel cable and
route it down under the dash or as I did route it to the corner of the hood
where it can be fished out in an emergency. this tip came from Rallye and
it's an easy and cheap bit of insurance

The last time I saw a stuck hood they  actually drilled a hole in the hood
to get to the latch, painful to watch!