Re: Torque

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:56:37 -0700
I tighten mine from the driver's side of the engine and watch the cam cover
gasket directly below the bolt. When the gasket just starts to bow out from
the pressure, I stop and back it off just a little. Another trick I use to
prevent oil leaks is to put a very thin film of wheel bearing grease on the
bottom surface of the gasket.

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA