Re: wiring & shasta99

To: Joshua Milton <jt_milton@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: wiring & shasta99
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:16:56 -0700
Joshua Milton wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> First Id like to give a belated thanks to Ken Pierce for the great
> shasta footage as well as what appeared to be a spectacluar trip.
> Bravo!
>
> Next Id like to ask some advice on re-wring my engine harness.  Id
> figured the engine portion of the harness would be the easist one to
> start with and decide if I want to do the dash and body harness after.
> Its very straight forward as far as where it all goes but what guage
> wire should I use and should I get original connector plugs or should I
> use something different.  Im justifying this since my connectors are
> bad and Im going to move the alternator to the other side of the
> engine.

You can still get new harnesses from Rallye.  It's a heck of a lot
easier
to get a brand new harness than to rewire your existing harness.

I got a dash, engine & starter harness for a reasonable amount of money
from Rallye
(I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I was surprised it was as
cheap as it was).

But, if you really want to rewire it yourself, check out
http://www.eastwoodco.com.

They've got books on wiring harnesses (for custom rods) and they've got
the adhesiveless
friction tape you really want to use when wrapping a harness.

Good luck,
Taylor Hutt