Re: Nismo Festival 98 photos

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nismo Festival 98 photos
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:12:35 -0700
"PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" wrote:

> there are two books available for datsuns.
>
>  one is titled Datsun roadsters 1962-71.....118894A  $16.95
>
> one is titled Datsun Z  Fairlady of 1960 to the final S30 models of 1978.
> 126277AE...$39.95
>
> These are available from Classic Motorbooks-p.o.box 1, Osceola, Wi.
> 54020-0001  or
> 1(800) 826-6600

> >I just finished putting up some out take photos (photos we won't be
> >using in print) from our trip to the Nismo Festival In Japan last Dec.
> >These shots are all by Les Cannaday. As time permits I'll add to this
> >page. We have at least 30 rolls of film from that trip. I will  also be
> >adding some more photos to the Shasta page later tonight. Anyway check
> >it out at http://zcarmag.com/webspecial/

Uh I am confused now. I guess I must have missed an intermediary message
somewhere along the way. But if anyone is interested in the Brian Long
book mentioned above, Datsun Z - Fairlady to 280Z, ZCCD sells them for
only $34.95. Despite the title which seems to indicate the book focuses
solely on the Z, the first 2 chapters (40 pages or so) are devoted to
pre Z history and have lots of great photos of all sorts of early
Datsuns (of course more than half of them are of the Fair Lady/Roadster
family). Chapter 3 is devoted to the background on the design and
development of the Z. In fact you don't see a photo of a production Z
until page 55. The center of the book has 16 color pages including shots
of the SPL213, a 1500, a 1600, a couple shots of 2000s. The book closes
with 18 pages of specifications for all the Fairlady/Roadster/Z cars up
to the 280Z. Its not a Roadster specific book but it is a nice addition
to the Datsun literature. I had this book at Shasta and hardly anyone
looked at it. I think the name is missleading. Instead of it being
Datsun Z - Fairlady to 280Z, it should have been something like Datsun
Sports - Fair Lady to 280Z. Brian has also done a followup book covering
the Fairlady/Z from the 280ZX to the last of the 300s, and despite
several years of delays on the part of the publisher, I heard from the
publisher recently that they are about to go to press with the book. I
am supposed to get a preview copy in a few weeks.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher