still having fuel problems...........Help!!

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: still having fuel problems...........Help!!
From: Randy Christman <rcchristman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:39:23 -0700
I am still having the problem with my 68' 2000 sputtering and stalling
on me. It seemed to do it mainly going down hill when i would coast. I
would go to accerlate and it would sputter or not be running. Now it
seems to do it from time to time on level ground as well.

Yesterday when it happened, i pulled to the curb and poped the hood to
check my fuel filter. It was full of fuel. Which leads me to believe the
problem is in the carbs or a vapor lock.

My fuel line from the pump to the carbs sits atop the valve cover. Could
heat be a possibe cause? I am baffeled. Would love to drive the car but
i can not depend on it.

When it does stall. I crank it a little bit and it always starts back up
and runs.

Randy Christman
68' 2000