Re: No electricial power

To: Edward Wilsey <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: No electricial power
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:41:54 PST8PDT
Dean asks:
> Has there been a way discovered to keep the ammeter from blowing out?
> Kinda like a fast blowing fuse in line with the meter for what ever that
> circuit branch is rated to pull?

Some of us have hacked the main power feed (from the starter) and
inserted a 30 amp fuse. Hopefully the fuse will pop before the coil
of wire inside the ammeter glows and goes.

In my case it was really easy, as I previously had to replace the
three-prong plug (I think it was three) with stock connectors. Just
unplugged the wire and plugged in a nifty 'blade' fuse with pigtails
(should be available in the electrical section of most parts places).
If you don't want to cut the wire, you can try to find mating plugs
(unlikely) or disconnect the wire at the starter and run a new lead
(you want to keep the fuse accessible!).

Dean, did you find the problem yet?

 -- John