antifreeze change? or not to change?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: antifreeze change? or not to change?
From: "Dan Neff" <neffster@mail.bemail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:14:48 MDT
  Simple question? I thought antifreeze ought to be changed/flushed
every 2 yrs or so. I took our 'other' Nissan in for one (3 yrs), and
mechanic said it didn't need it! ? Well, I guess I respect the guy
for turning away $$$, but I thought the key was to keep antifreeze
fresh because of the *lubricant(s)* that keep the waterpump happy.
This being a front wheel drive (Quest), I am pretty motivated to
keep the water pump healthy as long as possible considering the pain
in the @$$ that they are to replace. So these guys are telling me
that good looking, tested to -xx deg, is good enough info?
  I believe I've heard in this listgroup we should be changing ALL
fluids every 1-2 years.

  So, does anybody KNOW what the heck I'm supposed to believe?
thanks,
dan.
Dan Neff   '69 2000
       SRL311-12866