Silvia CSP311 book

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silvia CSP311 book
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:16:38 +1000
Hi everyone.
For the past few months I have been working on a book about the Nissan
Silvia CSP311, I have finally got around to finishing it and it is at
the printing stage now. For anyone not familiar with the the Silvia, it
was a 2 seater coupe built on the chassis of the Roadster, mechanically
it was nearly identical to the SP311. Made between 1965 and 1968, only
554 were ever built.
My book was compiled as a reference book for Silvia owners, but it would
also be of interest to anyone else who would like to learn more about
the Silvia. The book is 162 pages long. All pages in black and white. It
contains the following-
1/ A reprint of Nissan's 59 page parts catalog for the Silvia from 1965.

2/ A reprint of the English language version of the Silvia owner's
manual.
3/ A reprint of the Japanese language version of the Silvia owner's
manual.
4/ 22 pages of magazine articles about the Silvia.
5/ A copy of the Silvia sales brochure printed by Nissan in Japan , and
a copy of the brochure printed by the Australian Nissan distributor.
6/ A 7 page history of the Silvia written by me.
7/ A copy of the original warranty papers.
8/ Silvia specifications and tune-up information.
9/ A list of non-genuine replacement parts and information about parts
that will interchange with other Nissan/Datsun vehicles.
10/ An English translation of the wiring diagram.
11/ Plus several other pages of sundry Silvia information.
I have owner a Silvia for the past 12 years, this is basically every
piece of information I have found over the last 12 years.
For anyone is interested in getting a copy, (all prices are in
Australian Dollars)
the cost of the book is $20.00
Postage and packaging to an Australian address is $3.65
Postage and packaging to the USA is $10.00
Postage and packaging to Europe is $11.00
I can also supply a 4 page colour photocopy of the Silvia sales brochure
for $8.00
If you are interested or have any questions you can e-mail me at
ajb@squirrel.com.au  and I will send you all the details.
Alan Bent. Queensland, Australia.
1966 Fairlady SP311 - 1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311 - 1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Cedric Wagon WP31 - 1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric Sedan P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1969 Super Six G130 - ( I just bought another 1964 SP310 last week, I'll
tell you about that some other time)