Running well now

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Running well now
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:31:22 -0500
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that my car is now running well again.  It was leaking
coolant out of the overflow before.  I took it in to have it tested for a
head gasket leak and it came back negative.  So, I ordered the thermostat
housing cap and the overflow cap from Dennis at Classic Datsun.  (Thanks
for getting it out here so quick Dennis!)  That seems to have fixed the
problem.  My coolant level hasn't gone down yet and it's not coming out
of the overflow anymore.  I was wondering though, what is the button on
top of the overflow cap for.  I realize that it relieves pressure but
why?  So you can open the rad cap when the coolant is still hot?

Thanks everyone again for all the advice and help,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, Mn