Re: K&N air filter for a Roadster

To: kzariwny@home.com
Subject: Re: K&N air filter for a Roadster
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 15:47:55 EDT
I'm E-Mailing from England in response to the K&N question

Keith Purdon, a roadster owner over here lives a short distance away from K&N
Research and Development in Warrington, Lancashire.  In exchange for some
T-Shirts, K&N developed a custom built filter for Keith's 1600 which was
designed to sit in the original air filter housing.  I drove the car both
before and after fitment and it sure made a difference.

There is little call for this filter over here in view of the small number of
roadsters in England and I don't know whether K&N have pursued the
development of this filter any further, but I do know that Keith's K&N was a
worthwhile mod, with the added benefit that the engine compartment still
looks stock.

If anyone's interested I'll follow it up.

Regards (And one day I'll get to Shasta too!)

Rob Beddington
Classic Fairlady Roadster Register
http://members.aol.com/RoadsteRob/welcome.htm