Re: webers

To: Beamonk@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: webers
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 08:26:12 -0700

Beamonk@aol.com wrote:

> has anyone out there used Webers DCOE) rather than Solexes' ? In the past i
> have found them easier to work with once they were right. I know there has
> been alot of pros and cons in the past over this and i do not want to open
> old worms, but i need pratical advice. Furthermore, are 40's better than 45's
> for the street? (Stock 2000)
> Heavy foot. Should a cam be installed for street use, I guess i am getting at
> drivability issues, high cammed vehicles don't bother me too much, I just
> don't want too much sputtering and flatness at low revs. my mechanic is good
> with Webers and said with some work he can get the 45's to run pretty sweet.
> Anyone know good sources for webers. Still need the solex manifold. Have fun!

I found a listing for new TWM's and a solex manifold como on Mike Kerr's web
page. Maybe he will seperate the manifold for you.The phone numbers is listed
below.
530-644-6777 web address http://www.intercite.com/~wolfgang/page9.html
What does anyone know about the reliability and performance of the TWM's.
I might be interested in them.

Mike
2 69 2000's
Hayden Lake, ID