Paint Jobs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Jobs
From: Tom Householder <tomhouse@integrityonline.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 07:26:09 -0700
Hello All-  I have had a couple of cars painted over the years at
bargain shops
and they are OK. Generally speaking, in paint and bodywork you get what
you
pay for. There are con artists who do mediocre work for outrageous
prices. I
am about to look into getting my 69 painted and this is what I will look
for:

Someone who has painted several roadsters already.
A shop that does high quality work, without the high overhead of a big
brand name.
Someone who comes recommended, or I can look at cars they have worked
on.
A shop that will use the color(s) I want and is experienced in all types
of paint.
A shop that I can work directly with the body/paint person.

I am willing to pay extra for quality workmanship,patience, and a paint
job that
looks better at 1ft.away vs.50. I recently sold my Porsche 914 to a
fellow who
took it to a paint shop. It needed no bodywork, and had only one coat of
paint.
He didnt have them shoot the jams,trunk or engine compartment. He paid
1200.00
and they did a shitty job. There were even bare spots on the rocker
panels. There
were numerous sags. I regretted selling it after seeing what became of
it.

Thats my nickel's worth.....Tom