Re: paint

To: DAT240Z73@aol.com
Subject: Re: paint
From: Edward Wilsey <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 11:59:58 -0700
Don't do it!!!!!!!  At least not at Macco!

I have had five cars painted at different Maccos in differnet states in the past
14 years and have had no luck in a decent paint job.  I could have done better
myself.  It looks okay from about ten feet out.  So, you ask why I kept going
back.  Different Maccos have different painters, but alas, it didn't help.  That
and I really just wanted paint on those cars to keep them from rusting.

Anyway,  I had priced a Caprice wagon at the dealer two years ago and was told
$2300.00 for a lifetime warranty.  But, since it was my X's wagon, I took it to
a local guy for $850.00 and I saw the car last week and it still looked okay.

Good Luck!