Re: Car too Hot

To: blackfly@ainop.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car too Hot
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 09:19:49 EDT
Sounds like classic case of vapor lock to me.  The key is after awhile the
car once again ran great, almost any other trouble would persist.
Replace the heat shield may help, as would maybe rerouting
any fuel hoses away from heat sources.
One idea I'm thinking of is cutting away the metal on the fake hood
scoop to make it real, that way at very low speeds hot air would
rise and flow out the top front of the hood.  We get stuck in traffic
sometimes around here in the summer for long periods of time.
Jim
pushrod 2liter
Chesapeake Va