Re: Datsun 1500 Fairlady

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun 1500 Fairlady
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:28:41 EDT
Arlo:

In a publication dated July 1, 1966, is a description of the 1500 Fairlady's.
It breaks it down as:

1st Series; Single S-U carb, Chrome plated valve cover, Bright red carpets &
upholstery, rear jump seat, Type 1 soft top, up to serial # SPL310-3-00500.

2nd Series; Dual S-U carbs, Aluminum valve cover, Black carpets & upholstery,
rear jump seat, Type 1 soft top, up to serial # 4-SPL310-03816.

3rd Series; Dual S-U carbs, Aluminum valve cover, Black or Red carpets &
upholstery, Floor consul with armrest glove box, no jump seat, Type 11 or 111
soft top, up to serial # SPL310-11124.

This will not help with determining the year of production, but may help with
the serial # questions, or it will create new ones. As a side note, there are
5 pages of part #'s with prices for the 1500, mostly body parts. How about a
front fender for $73.00, or a grille for $30.38. Good luck.

Dan & Susan
Portland, OR.

<< he question of the "year" is a puzzle and I have never had an
 explanation that squares with what I understand to be the facts with my
 cars.  If you look on the plate, you will see that the "1 9 6" is
 pre-printed and then the "5" is handstamped.  On my #84 car, which
 presumably had to have been built before my #2015 car, it is also
 handstamped "5" - meaning, I suppose, "1965".  On my #2015 car, again
 assuming that it had to have been built well after my #84 car, is
 handstamped "4" - meaning, I suppose, "1964".  So, that has never made
 any sense to me. >>