Re: Trunk Problem

To: conrad1@gte.net, richard@u.arizona.edu, wai@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: Re: Trunk Problem
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 21:00:50 EDT
In a message dated 30-05-99 6:25:37 PM EST, conrad1@gte.net writes:

<< Before I had the wisdom of the list available, when confronted with that
 problem, I cut a neat (approx. 4"x 6" hole) in the license plate recess
 to gain access to the latch assy.  Worked for me, but If I had it to do over
again, think I would use the cable rigged to the latch  >>

Hello,

I used a piece of wire once to rig my lock for those types of emergencies.
Well, it happened to me.  I was with my wife in Santa Cruz and I lost my
keys.  I knew I had a set in the trunk so I wasn't worried.  With Mary
watching me I proudly pulled the wire and snap!  It broke.  Marys face went
from  ;>/   to this  ;>(

I located a paperclip and I bent it into "some-sort" of shape.  Basically, I
was thinking while working.  I had to show that I had a plan.  The sun was
shining and Mary wasn't too pleased.  Well, I was able to fish out the wire
through one of the license plate holes and I used a pair of pliers to pull
the end of the wire.  I also put some weight on the truck lid to relieve some
pressure off of the lock.

"Click" went the lock and I was once again Marys' hero.  Ahhhhhhhh.......

My face went from  8>\   to   ;>)

Then I located my "lost" keys in the trunk.  I was back to  ;>\

See ya!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion

ps:  oh yeah.... use good wire!