Re: Blowing fuses fast!

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blowing fuses fast!
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:09:40 -0400
For those who are rebuilding their entire brake system, think about
using silicone brake fluid.

  It will not injure you or do damage to your body unless you have it
surgically implanted under your skin.

  It will not remove the paint from your car.

  Your cat won't die licking up spills or stepping in puddles.

  It is not hydroscopic like regular brake fluid so there is much less
chance of corroding your brake pistons and sleeves.

  You don't have to make a trip to the hazardous waste disposal to get
rid of what is left in the container.  (Regular brake fluid absorbs
moisture from the air so you should not use fluid from an unsealed
container after a few weeks on the shelf.)

  It is gentle on the rubber and metal pieces inside the brake system.

The only real downside is that it is somewhat compressible so the brake
pedal feels "mushy."  It still works great but racers and autocrossers
like to have that HARD pedal feel.  Just something to think about.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, FL - 78F and ptly cldy (looking at near 90F later today)