Re: Gasoline Shortage

To: bpatton@eastman.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gasoline Shortage
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:53:27 EDT
In a message dated 27-05-99 7:42:19 AM EST, bpatton@eastman.com writes:

<< My
 gas gauge is WAY off scale. When the tank is slam full, it reads a bit under
 half, and registers on down to "E". After stranding myself a couple of
 times, my brain is now calibrated, but I'd like to correct this if possible.
 Help?! >>

Hello,

I had the same problem with my gauge.  I pulled the sender out of the tank
and noticed that there was something like a slide that could actually be
adjusted.  Well, I fiddled with it and installed it and there was actually a
change in the reading of the gauge.  It kept adjusting until it read full.
(Yes, the tank was actually full)  ;>)

Bear in mind that you should do this outside and away from any heat sources.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca / BADROC