Toyota/Honda Sports

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toyota/Honda Sports
From: Scott Perschke <sperschke@novascreen.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:12:10 -0400
All,
Sat. 4 of us (Doug Noble - desiring to be a Roadster owner, John and
Chris Weirz, and yours truly) went to Charlottesville, VA to see a
collection of Honda and Toyota sports cars, including a Toyota 2000GT.
 Wow!!  What a great place it was.  It started off as aperfect day, got
quite warm by noon.  Then we hit rain in C-ville, no clamps for the top
since just installed windshield Friday- Arggh!!.  Perseverence and a
greater concern to arrive than t oprotect my car, we motored on.  The
return trip was quite cool.  I left PA at 9AM and returned after about 400
miles at 8:30 PM.
The cars in the ocllection included 2 Toyota S800's (2 opposed cylinders,
air cooled, drums all around, but still my favorite because of the styling
and the removeable targa top), the 2000Gt (just back from a restoration in
Japan!), about 12 Honda S600 and/or S800 (including only 1 of 2 modified by
Mugen to have a 5 speed tranny!), a unique and ugly Honda Z600 and that
tiny american piece of iron (help me out John!).
It was great to be out in the 2000 again.  Gotta figure out how to acquire
a Toyota sport.  Any ideas? other than selling the Datsun!
Scott Perschke