Fuel Starvation - Problem Found - I think

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Starvation - Problem Found - I think
From: "Mike Goldman" <goldman@kiva.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 20:13:37 -0400
Thanks to everyone that responded to my fuel starvation problem last week.
I think I have found the problem.  Crude in the fuel tank clogging the
lines.  I took apart the fuel line and blew compressed air through them &
cleaned the two fuel line connecters at the fuel tank (Those two were
clogged).  I hasn't died on me like it has in the past, but the fuel in the
fuel filter is black!  I'm going to remove the gas tank again and take it to
someone else to have it cleaned and the inside treated.  I'm looking forward
to actually driving my roadster this summer rather than having a piece of
garage art.  Semper Fi.

Mike Goldman
68 1600 with an old 3 bearing engine & a 5 speed transmission
Bloomington, Indiana