Re: Non-Roadster question - is glass a liquid or solid

To: "Noel Finden" <finden@ozemail.com.au>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non-Roadster question - is glass a liquid or solid
From: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:30:47 -0400
    Glass is an "amorphous solid". Basically, that means it has no
crystalline structure, regardless of temperature. This means that glass will
behave much like a liquid, at any temperature. If you doubt this, find an
original window pane in an older house, and carefully measure the thickness
of the pane at the top and bottom, and compare the thickness. You'll find
that every original pane in that house is just a bit thicker at the
bottom...evidence that the glass is slowly (very very very slowly) slumping.

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, Va