Re: softtop installation

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Michael Webb" <mlwebb@pond.net>
Subject: Re: softtop installation
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:39:29 -0700
Michael,

Make ten of them, keep the best one and give the rest away to us. Oh, only
a little nuts, oh well...

The only suggestions I can offer (warning - from a novice perspective as I
only installed a top once many years ago, and never made a frame!) I would
set the adjusters at the loosest setting, and install during cool weather,
then snug it up. Otherwise, you may have to wrestle trying to put the top
up on a cold day, as the fabric shrinks. Also, I wouldn't punch the holes
for the posts and twisties until after testing the fit. And I wouldn't cut
the hole for the rear window until after the fitting; fit the top, sew the
clear window in place, and only then cut the hole afterwards. Otherwise the
window won't be flat.

Fred - So.SF