Brake caliper question...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake caliper question...
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@madison.engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:33:21 -0500 (CDT)
I've had a problem with my brakes not releasing when I let off the brake
pedal.  Needless to say, this has an adverse affect on my acceleration and
gas mileage!

When this occurs, the brake pedal is very firm and won't depress.  If I
press on it hard and pump it several times, it usually releases and the
brakes work again.

I took apart my calipers lastnight and found them to be badly pitted.  I
used some fine sandpaper to try and smooth the inner surfaces...  It
helped.  Two questions:

        1.)  When I reassemble the caliper, should I put any sort of
             lubricant on the piston/cylinder?

        2.)  For those of you who sell new parts, how much for a set of
             new calipers and how fast can you get them to Kansas?

Thanks,

Ken Pearce, 68-2000
Lawrence, KS