Re: Kibbles and Bits (parts needed)

To: garrett klassen <garrett@idirect.ca>
Subject: Re: Kibbles and Bits (parts needed)
From: Gary Gerding <ggerding@tconl.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 22:28:59 -0500

garrett klassen wrote: .
My latest adventure concerns tires. Anyone know how big a tire will fit
on                                        a non-modified 67 1600? Current tires
are marked 155 SR 14. (no height                                  indicated)
They're radials with tubes. (Try finding those at the
local                                         Michelin store.)  Smallest I've
found so far with 14 inch rims are 185-70.
What should I be looking for?

Hi Garrett,

I spent about a year deciding on which tires to put onto my car.
It came down to two that would fit onto my refurbished origional
wheels.  Sticky Yokohama 185/65R14's were the top pick for
performance and Cooper 175/70R14 Lifeliner Classic II's were
the top pick for appearance since they were the only narrow
whitewalls I could find that would fit.  I opted for the Coopers
and have been happy with my decision.  Either of these is close
to the correct diameter so you speedometer should read close.

Good Luck,

Gary Gerding, 1967 SPL311, Omaha, NE