Re: Clutch Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Question
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 7 May 99 13:47:02 CDT
Cal,

A pretty rare problem is when the pilot bushing siezes up. This
will leave the input shaft of the transmission "welded" to the
engine flywheel.

I would finally put in the clutch pedal, STOMP the brake pedal,
and "rev" the engine (heel and toe trick). This would break the
bushing free for a little while. At least long enough to get it
in gear.

It is so rare to have a bushing sieze like that, that I didn't
mention it before.

Yes, I had to pull the engine/tranny to get at the bushing. ;-(

Tom