Re: Windshield Wiper Woes-a low tech question

To: Xcokid@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Wiper Woes-a low tech question
From: teddy@stat.cmu.edu (Teddy Seidenfeld)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 22:26:26 -0500
At 7:39 PM 5/3/99, Xcokid@aol.com wrote:
>Okay, what size wiper blades is everyone using. I've currently got 13" blades
>on my 69 2000, which is of high windshield variety. I'm having  a devil of a
>time finding replacement blades. What are my options?
>Thanks
>
>Rick Stayner
>69 2000
>Harrisburg, Pa

Dear Rick,

In the far west, for all that rain here in Pgh, I use 15" blades!  You can
get them anywhere.

I've them set in the arms so that they lock in flush at the upper end of
the arms (I mean the end that points to the passenger side when in the
resting position).  Then the blades protrude about 1" beyond the arm at the
bottom end; that's the end that travels the least distance.

This works out just fine, and cleans the windows, top to bottom!

The forecast here is rain for Wed. night - so, you'll need the new blades
by Thurs. morning there, I'm guessing.

Best,
Teddy
69 2000