Re: switches and knobs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Subject: Re: switches and knobs
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:23:14 -0700
Hi All,

I have a copy of the 68 owners manual online. Generally, all '68 to '70
roadsters have the same instruments and controls on the dash. There are
some minor differences for use in different countries (passing light
control, etc.). Any notable exceptions are due to Previous Owner mods. See
the manual page at

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/manual1.html

The only knob with a 'T' is the hand-throttle control, and it is below the
windshield wiper knob, and above the headlight control knob. See

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/Manl4q.html

Above the fan control knob is the S/Brake knob.

Turning the headlight control knob clockwise turns on the fog lamps. See

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/Manl6q.html

--- replies to Daniel's questions about his '69 2000 ---

I bought a power supply receptacle at the local auto supply, about $5. This
nicely replaced the cigarette lighter, and is a lot safer. It has an attached
flip-top. You flip it up, and plug in your accessory.

Hand-throttle cable - I've gotten price quotes of $60 and above for new (and
used) ones. Ouch! I managed to buy one cheap from a list member. Ask around, but
they're hard to find.

Light-switch knob (headlights) - I think all the knobs have tiny set screws.
These screws are hard to locate. Rallye sells new and used knobs and set screws.
A new knob might cost $18 or so, while a used one may be a fourth of that. Good
luck trying to epoxy it on. Why bother, when you can buy a replacement that'll
stay on?

See yah, Fred - So.SF
BADROC