'Stripping...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Stripping...
From: "James Durkin" <jdurkin1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:30:30 -0800
Greetings,

I'll soon be 'stripping - weather stripping that is.  Where can I find
weather stripping for under the windshield and around and under the side
vents, and still have enough money to pay for a tank of gas?  Also, I have
a 67.5 soft top frame which needs a little work - anyone sell refurbished
frames with credit for a core?
Secondly, I have a pair of SU carbs that look like Roadsters, although the
intake manifold face is tilted about 45 degrees.  The float bowls remain
level because they are tilted 45 degrees from the throttle bodies, which
also  tilt 45 degrees to horizontal.  Also, the linkage pulls toward the
firewall with 90 degree lever which connects to a bar which actuates both
carbs (basically the same as standard Roadster carbs).  The manifold and
carbs came with orts and sorts when a bought a '66 parts car.
Any ideas about the carbs?

jd in sd
67.5/1600/100 pieces