Re: Harmonic damper pulley?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harmonic damper pulley?
From: bill/liz wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:47:21 -0500
>Hi all,
>
>While looking for things to glass bead & paint (thanks to
>my new benchtop sandblaster!), I was looking at the
>harmonic damper pulley on the engine.  Once I removed it I
>noticed that the rubber between the two sections looks
>questionable: a little hard and crackily looking.
>
>Is it best to buy a new one or can someone rebuild these for
>us?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mark Coffin
>SRL311-04425

Along these lines, I've been wondering if some of the drive pulleys shown
in the comp catalogue for the L-series and A-series engines will fit onto a
roadster crank.

There were R-16 pulleys
12303-14615  crank pulley
21051-14615  water pump pulley

There were U-20 pulleys
12303-25515  crank pulley
23150-25510  water pump pulley

These were real handy for a race engine, the crank was undersized, but the
water was oversized so the pump still ran without cavitation at high rpm.
Unfortunately, they went out of the catalogue back in the late '70's.

Anyone know the comparative sizes of the ends of the L- and A-series cranks
and how they compare to the U- and R-series.....Or.....

Anyone know where I can get an old pulley set?

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI
68 1600, 69 2000,
67 GP roadsters