RE: Rims

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rims
From: Dave Lum <davelum@datsuns.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:14:54 -0800
Interesing theory - I assume you said that in jest? If not, here comes another
ramble . . .

The stickiest street tires on a Roadster will not roll it over when overcooking
a corner. The rolling would come if you abruptly HIT something (a curb, for
example, or a big pothole in which the wheel dropped more than 2" into it). The
Roadster is low enough that it will slide before rolling over.  510's, for
example, are taller (thus higher center of gravity - CG) and run around with no
problems on wide (205 series and wider), sticky (V or Z-rated Yokohama's or
Prielli's), taking corners at 10/10ths (on the track, of course), and they
don't roll over, so no reason a Roadster should. Squeal the tires? Just add
power (please not another extened thread on the blastpheny of wildly modified
Roadster engines and swaps).

At least skinny tires work GREAT in the rain, and are cheaper to pruchase.

Dave "To each their own, really" Lum
'71 510
http://www.datsuns.com