Re: Roadster diffs & torque

To: davelum@datsuns.com
Subject: Re: Roadster diffs & torque
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:20:40 EST
  Dave and everyone,

  Thanks for the good info!  It seems as though as long as you don't launch it
off the line, the diff should hold up for a while.  In this case, and many
others, wheelspin will probably save the differential from grenading.  With
14X6 Libras, 205's max, that's not a lot of rubber on the ground anyway.  With
240-260ft/lbs torque, the wheels should  just spin.  For reference, I've built
a 3.2L L28 in my 240Z, 14X6, 5 slot mags with 205/60/14's on them, and at
launch I just "sit and spin" if I don't feather the clutch.  I'm sure the
Roadster is going to be even worse.  But if it does go bad, there's always the
RX7 GSL-SE, LSD solid rear with disc brakes...
  Thanks again to everyone!

  Stan