A not so typical Roadster Run

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A not so typical Roadster Run
From: "Hunter, Gary" <ghunt@telxon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:13:04 -0500
A fellow finally got his Datsun 2000 finished and was out on an
interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was
blowing through his hair and he decided to open her up.

As the needle jumped up to 80 mph he suddenly saw a flashing red
and blue light behind him.  "There ain't no way they can catch a
2000," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The
needle hit 90, 100. "What in hell am I doing?" he thought and
pulled over.

The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and
examined it and the car.  "I've had a tough shift and this is my
last pull over. I don't feel like more paperwork so if you can
give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before,
you can go!"

"Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was
afraid you were trying to give her back!"

"Off you go," said the officer.