SU carb question

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU carb question
From: pshirley <pshirley@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 20:36:21 -0800
I've been having a blast driving my "new to me" 69 2L, I think the high
was around 45' today, top down.  Just got a real 1.75"/2" exhaust put
on.  I went with two good glass packs in serial with a resonator tip.
Sounds great!  I replaced the 17.5 dist plate/cam with the proper 7.5,
what a difference.  Its starting to run like I imagined it should.

There is still one issue.  When I give it slow to medium throttle, the
engine hesitates, then catches up.  If I punch the throttle, it response
very well.  I have stock SU carbs and just went through the clymer
procedure for adjusting the mixture, I think I got it close.   I'm using
the spark plug color to determine the final mixture.  The timing is set
at 15 btdc, 600rpm.  All smog equip has been removed.  Not sure what
else you need to know to properly diagnose my problem.

Also,  I need some interior dash knobs(light switch, throttle, cigarette
lighter).  Send me an email with a description of their condition and
price.

thx Paul
Doing brakes tomorrow and then comes the body work.