Re: odd thing....

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: odd thing....
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 19:24:29 -0800
At 06:31 PM 1/3/99 -0800, AK wrote:
>HI all,
>
>While  I was  driving  on new years day, i observed that i was  doing
>about 60-70 and  everything was  fine... then i noticed that  the
>speedometer  went  down to zero..and  the  mileage recorder stopped
>turning  over...so i have  no clue except that the  speedometer  cable
>might  be  out of  whack... i haven't  looked under  the  dash or  hood
>yet.. but i would  like  anyone's input or  experience  on this lil'
>problem..  thanks in advance..  :-)

Sounds like a broken speedo cable, probably. Disconnect the cable from the
back of the speedo and pull it out of it's housing to check. If it is okay,
put it back in, making sure to get it ALL THE WAY back in, and reattach it
to the speedo. Then disconnect the speedo cable from the transmission (a
very messy job, usually) and spin it with an electric drill to see if the
speedo responds.
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org