curved-dash-olds

Re: [CDO] CDO parts 1900 - 1905" <curved-dash-olds.autox.team.net>

To: Roger Garnett <rwgarnett@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CDO] CDO parts 1900 - 1905" <curved-dash-olds.autox.team.net>
From: Awentsbury Hotel Birmingham <awentsbury@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 11:31:59 +0100
Cc: CDO List <curved-dash-olds@autox.team.net>

--001a113d5a9a4d15700534fe2ae5

Hi ,
I am very worried that our club is going to fizzle away to nothing if we
 all do not do something to stop it .
I know that there are people who are working behind the scenes , but they
need our help.
 Vince for example who is getting the website going.

http://curveddasholdsmobileclub.com

The Forum on the website is what needs supporting at the moment, if we can
get members to post or reply to questions then at least we stand a chance ,
I have managed to do this, it was not very difficult, I was surprised how
easy.

If we do nothing we will have no club.

We will only have this one chance to continue our club
Please put a post on the website forum , get your kids to show you how to
master this forum.

Ian Kerr , 1903 Model R  , Birmingham uK.

On 5 May 2016 at 01:51, Roger Garnett <rwgarnett@gmail.com> wrote:

> The maker of this con rod is worth capturing as a source - if they're not
> in Monroe's catalog, they're not likely to be. He has a great selection of
> raw forgings available, get the finish machine work done yourself, but I
> get the impression he's not developing anything not already in the catalog.
> One thing we can do on the web site is create a list of vendors, and
> another of  compatible or cross referenced parts.
>
> Monroe is another important CDO resource, and we should figure out how to
> preserve what he's done while we can. Monroe has a lots of molds and other
> tooling to make these parts, and has a number of folks that do the forge
> work and and stuff to make the parts. He's done a lot to build this up as a
> one-man operation, and it would be unfortunate to lose it. When I talked to
> him last year, he said he wasn't able to go to Hershey due to mobility
> issues - I think he's at least 82 years old.
>
> How can we best approach this as a club, to preserve and continue these
> parts and production capabilities?
>
> Roger
>
> --
> Roger Garnett
> rwgarnett@gmail.com

--001a113d5a9a4d15700534fe2ae5

e away to nothing if we =C2=A0all do not do something to stop it .</div><di=
v>I know that there are people who are working behind the scenes , but they=
 need our help.</div><div>=C2=A0Vince for example who is getting the websit=
>The Forum on the website is what needs supporting at the moment, if we can=
 get members to post or reply to questions then at least we stand a chance =
,=C2=A0</div><div>I have managed to do this, it was not very difficult, I w=
ontinue our club=C2=A0</div><div>Please put a post on the website forum , g=
div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 5 May 2016 at 0=
1:51, Roger Garnett <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rwgarnett@gmail=
quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc=
con rod is worth capturing as a source - if they&#39;re not in=20
Monroe&#39;s catalog, they&#39;re not likely to be. He has a great selectio=
n of=20
raw forgings available, get the finish machine work done yourself, but I
 get the impression he&#39;s not developing anything not already in the=20
catalog. One thing we can do on the web site is create a list of vendors, a=
oe is another important CDO resource, and we should=20
figure out how to preserve what he&#39;s done while we can. Monroe has a lo=
ts of molds and=20
other tooling to make these parts, and has a number of folks that do the
 forge work and and stuff to make the parts. He&#39;s done a lot to build=
=20
this up as a one-man operation, and it would be unfortunate to lose it.=20
When I talked to him last year, he said he wasn&#39;t able to go to Hershey=
=20
due to mobility issues - I think he&#39;s at least 82 years old.<br><br></d=
iv>How can we best approach this as a club, to preserve and continue these =
parts and production capabilities? <br><span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=
"mailto:rwgarnett@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">rwgarnett@gmail.com</a></div=

Curved-dash-olds mailing list<br>
eam.net</a><br>
h-olds</a><br>