Weber (Edelbrock) 500 CFM jetting

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber (Edelbrock) 500 CFM jetting
From: James Bown <jaguarsandrail@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:15:20 -0600
From: jaguarsandrail@hotmail.comTo: buick-rover-v8@autox.net;
mgb-v8@autox.netSubject: Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:30:05 -0600

Hello knowledgeable Rover 3.5 L (Buick 215) V8 enthusiasts.  I have been
running a Holley 390 CFM carburetor since 1977. I have always been happy with
it. However, I did just purchase and install a Weber (Edelbrock) 500 CFM
4-barrel carburetor.  Straight out of the box it seems to run rich. I was
wondering what others are doing in terms of setting this carburetor up for use
on a Buick/Rover V8? My engine is basically stock. It has a JWR Offenhauser
Dual Port Intake Manifold, the cylinders are bored .030 oversize, and it has a
high output ignition coil. I am using a Carter 6 p.s.i electric fuel pump. But
otherwise it is as it came from the factory in 1962. Any and all ideas are
appreciated.Regards,Jim Bown

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Cafi.
Play now!