fuel injector interchangeability

To: TR8 List <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: fuel injector interchangeability
From: James TenCate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:44:27 -0600
I've been searching for a bit now for a source of Bosch injectors for
the TR7/TR8/Rover 3500.  Victoria British and Moss sell an
aftermarket injector.  Haven't tried Roadster Factory actually.  Been
also looking on the web with some random successes but...  (my
nearest Rover dealer is in Santa Fe, about 50 minutes from here...
haven't tried them yet either).

0 280 150 105 is the stock Bosch number for the TR8/Rover 3500.
The Lucas part numbers are 5204001, 5208001 (shortest fuel hose), and
5208003---all the same injector, just with different length fuel feed
hose crimped on their ends.  I also have a list of which other cars
use these injectors (quite a number of them).  We also know that,
according the the Jag Lovers guide, that 0 280 150 163 and 0 280 150
164 (used on the two sides of the Jag 12 cylinder car, different
length fuel hoses) were apparently replacements for the 105 injectors
which were recalled?  Just read that last night and must follow up on
it to see what more I can learn.

However, to make the job of googling/eBaying sources for these
injectors easier, I want to make a list of equivalent Bosch part
numbers which are equal to the Lucas part numbers and can't seem to
find such a cross reference in all my pile of (electronic) stuff here:

0 280 150 105 (original, TR8/Rover 3500)
0 280 150 163 (from Jag XJS guide, cut hose to fit) ?
0 280 150 164 (from Jag XJS guide, cut hose to fit) ?

What about the original TR7 part?  I recall it's the same as the TR8
injector, just with a longer hose.  What's the original Bosch part
number for it?

Yes, I *am* looking to replace two of my injectors and all I can
find, so far, are aftermarket (Python or GP Sorenson).  I want Bosch.

Thanks.
Jim

///
///