Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake

To: dan@thecarringtons.net, FOSmith@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake
From: FOSmith@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 01:50:51 EST
In a message dated 1/1/06 10:31:30 PM, dan@thecarringtons.net writes:

> Very odd.  I had contacted the California BAR (Buero of Automotive
> Repair) before my convertion to V8.  I asked a bunch of questions.  When
> I went to the smog inspeection at a state inspector for certifying the
> V8 conversion, they were questioning my K&N.  I called the BAR home
> office, they spoke with the local guys I was dealing with and all was
> OK'ed.  That was in 2001.  I have had to be tested by local test places
> which are not state run twice since then and have had no questions or
> even odd looks at the K&N filter on the car...

You know it could be that the K&N filter is actually legal but the smog test
station operators are so paranoid about CARB stings that they reject anything
that even looks like a modification.   They have so much money tied up in the
new test equipment they can't afford to jeopardize their license so they look
at everything.   Last time on mine, they checked for the restrictor flap
beneath the gas cap even though it's only there to prevent leaded gas (which
hasn't
been availble for decades) from being put in the car.
Fred Smith
Orinda, CA

///
///