RE: 4.6 Questions

Subject: RE: 4.6 Questions
From: "Bartdog" <bartdog@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:51:31 -0400
Are the pin heights the same?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Pieter Erasmus
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 6:41 AM
To: Buick-Rover Mailing List
Subject: FW: 4.6 Questions

I live in sunny South Africa. I have a '84 Range Rover Classic, and I have
fitted a 4.6 V8 from a later Range Rover, but ditched the GEMS in favour of
the more simple 14CUX efi. The engine is in need of a rebuilt, and I have
the
following question. The engine is a fairly low compressiuon unit (8.37:1),
can
I fit the pistons from the 4.0 V8? Ive measured the pistons and the
dimensions
seem identical, except for the depth of the piston dome, which will give me
an
increase in compressin ratio.  Is this recommended?

Regards
Pieter Erasmus

///
///