Re: [Wedge] fixing sunvisors

To: "Carl McIver" <cmciver@mindspring.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Wedge] fixing sunvisors
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:08:53 -0400
The idea someone suggested a while back was to make a plywood fixture.  Cut
the outline of the visor out of 1/2"? plywood, and then sandwich the visor
between 2 flat boards to prevent the ballooning.  The trick would be to
inject the foam while the visor is inside this fixture.  The amount of foam
would still be critical.  Probably inject one end, inspect it, and then
inject from the other end.  I plan to try this with a couple old visors I
don't care about.  I'll report back, but don't hold your breath.